الخميس، 16 أغسطس 2007

The Magic Stone



The magic stone

This story says about tramp and old woman . read with us .
This is a tramp . He wants to see the world . But he has no money , so he walks from town to town .
It is evening . He is tired and hungry .


" I must stop soon ." he says " I am tired and hungry ."
He walks on . He is looking for a house . But there are only trees .
The tramp sees an old woman . She is getting wood for her fire .
" She has a kind face ," the tramp thinks .
" Good evening ," the tramp says " What are you doing in the forest ?"
" I'm getting wood for my fire ," the old woman says " and what are you doing here ?" she asks . "Where are you going ?"
" I'm seeing the world ," the tramp says . " But I'm tired . I'm looking for a house for the night . But there are no houses in the forest ."


" You can't come home with my ," the old woman says . " There are no houses in the forest . You must sleep under a tree . Good bye ."
The tramp follows the old woman ." Can't you help me ?" he asks " please take me home with you .I'll go away tomorrow morning ." The tramp and the old woman go on .


Then the old woman says , " You can sleep in my house for one night . But there isn't a bed for you . You must sleep on a chair ."
" Thank you , thank you ," the tramp says .
They walk to the old woman house .

" I am tired and hungry ," the tramp says .
" I can't give you any food ," the old woman says . " I am poor . I haven't any food ."
They go into the old woman's garden . The tramp looks at the garden . Hsees onions and turnips . There is a cow , too .
" Good ," the tramp thinks .
" This old woman ha some supper here ."
The old woman and the tramp go into the house .
" Sit down ," the tramp says . " let me help you . You're hungry and I'm hungry . Let me make you some soup ."


" Soup ?" the old woman says . " How can you make soup ? There isn't any food in the house ."
" I can do a lot of things ," the tramp says . "I can make soup from a stone ."
" Soup from a stone ?" the old woman says . "I must see this . Can I watch ?"
" You are very kind ," the tramp says . " You are letting me sleep here , I'll let you watch ."



The old woman sits down on a chair . She watches the tramp . He puts some water on the fire . Then he goes into the garden . He brings back a stone . He puts the stone into the water . He begins to stir the water and the stone . The old woman watches .
" Will the soup taste good ?" the old woman asks .



" Yes , it taste good ," the tramp says . " stone soup tastes better with an onion in it . But you haven't got any onions …"
He stirs the water with the stone in it .
" I think there are some onions in my garden ," the old woman says . " I'll go and look ."

She goes into the garden . Soon she comes back with two big onions . She puts them into the water with the stone . The tramp stirs the soup . The old woman watches .
" This soup will taste good ," the tramp says " Stone soup taste better with some meat in it . But you haven't got any meat …"
" I think there's some meat ," the old woman says " I'll go and look " She goes out and soon she comes back with some meat . She puts it into the soup with the onions and the stone .

The tramp stirs the soup . The old woman watches .
" This soup will taste good ," the tramp says " The stone soup states better with some turnips in it . But you haven't got any turnips …"
" I think there are some turnips in my garden ," the old woman says . " I'll go and look ." she goes into the garden .
Soon she comes back with two big turnips .

The old woman puts them into the soup with the meat , the onions and the stone . The tramp stirs the soup . The old woman watches . The old woman is hungry now . " That soup is good " she says . " Yes, it is ," the tramp says " Stone soup tastes better with some milk in it . But you haven't got any milk …"
" Yes, I have ," he old woman says " I have a cow . I'll get some milk from her ." The old woman goes out .


Soon she comes back with some milk . She puts it in the soup with the turnips , the meat , the onions , and the stone . The tramp stirs the soup . The old woman watches .

The tramp tastes the soup . " Is it good ?" the old woman asks . " Yes, it is ," the tramp says . " But it needs some salt ." " I'll get some salt ," the old woman says . She goes out . Soon she comes back with some salt . She puts it into the soup with the milk , the turnips , the meat , the onions and the stone . The tramp stirs the soup . The old woman watches .

" Can we have the soup now ?" the old woman asks . " Yes," the tramp says . " I'll take out the stone . Then we can have the soup . This soup is fit for a king ." " But the king always has other food , too ," the old woman says . An she puts a lot of good things on the table . " Now that's a supper fit for a king ," she says .



Sit down ," the tramp says . " Taste the soup . Is it good ?" The old woman tastes the soup . " Yes, it is ," she says . "And you made it from a stone !"
The tramp says , " You're very kind . You're letting me sleep here , so I'll give you THE MAGIC STONE . You'll never be hungry again ."
"Thank you, thank you ," the old woman says . " you're very kind ."


The old won\man and the tramp eat all the good food . They talk and talk . Then the old woman says, " You're very kind . You mustn't sleep in a chair . You can sleep in me bed . I'll sleep in a chair ."
So the tramp sleeps in the old woman's bed . The old woman sleeps in a chair by the fire .

The next day the tramp thanks the old woman . " You mustn't thank me . I must thank you . You've given me the magic stone , so I'll never be hungry again ," the old woman says . " Come and see me again soon . I'll make some soup for you ."
" Yes, I will ," the tramp says .
" Stone soup is good but you must put in some onions , some meat , some turnips and some milk, too ! Then put in some salt . You'll have soup fit for a king ! "
And he laughed !


THE END

Written by :
Mohammed hills
This story is from the al-Qattan center for the children library
It located in al-whda st. next to esaad altofols party
with children MAKTABATY ALELYCKTRONIYA CLUB greetings

آيةمحمد

ليست هناك تعليقات: